Here to help!
Welcome to the Max Chambers Library at the University of Central Oklahoma, the state's Metropolitan University. It is the oldest academic library in the state of Oklahoma, first organized in 1894. The original Max Chambers Library was built in 1968 and the newer addition was completed in 1997.
The library offers many services in support of academic success:
-Habib Tabatabai, Executive Director
Chambers Library connects the Central community to dynamic resources and services that support transformative learning.
As one of Oklahoma's oldest institutions of higher education, we aspire to maintain that legacy while transforming our resources and services to meet the needs of each generation of scholars. The library will continue to be the hub that connects the diverse Central community by providing access to scholarly resources, special collections, dynamic services, and learning spaces.
We provide equitable access to resources and services that meet the specific needs of the Central and wider communities.
We recognize the changing and varying needs of the students, faculty, and community, and we embrace innovation, creativity, and flexibility.
We continually assess and improve our dynamic resources and services.
We highly value diversity and individuality and respect all contributions toward our common goals.
We build and maintain collaborative relationships with the Central, metropolitan, and global communities.
We support the university’s dedication to scholarship and life-long learning.
We are dedicated to preserving the vitality and aesthetics of our natural and built environments.
Above all, we endeavor to provide the best possible service for the Central community.
Corner of Ayers St. & University Dr.
The University of Central Oklahoma recognizes the university's main campus is located on the traditional lands of the Caddo and Wichita people.
Visit the UCO Land Acknowledgement website to learn more.