Special Collections is a treasure of books, manuscripts, photos, legal documents, scholarly writings, audiovisual materials, memorabilia, and collected papers from individuals, families, and organizations.
- Memorial Book Collections: include the library holdings of former legislator William Edgar Gill, former distinguished faculty John George and Jimmy Rogers, and distinguished former students Dale Edward McConathy, Bill Burchardt, J. Wendell Simmons, Sr.
- Manuscript Collections: consist of a large selection of the personal papers of individuals and the records of organizations not directly within the administrative structure of the University. Other valuable primary source collections on the history of Oklahoma and the University are also among these holdings including family histories in audiovisual formats.
- University Archives: records generated by the schools, departments, and offices of the University, including administrative papers, Masters Thesis, photographic negatives, slides and prints, audio/visual tapes, architectural plans and blueprints, University publications, scrapbooks, artifacts, and ephemera.
- Photographic Collections: includes over 20,000 images of University life, Edmond, and scenes of Oklahoma people, buildings, settlement, and other events from 1893 to the present.
Highlights from Special Collections:
- Personal papers of UCO President Don Betz, focusing on education, international relations, and leadership.
- The Sidney Bray Collection, including scrapbooks from Oklahoma schools during World War II.
- Oral and video histories from Oklahoma residents and luminaries.
- The Illustrated London News and Herland Sister Resources newsletters.
- Documents, theses, catalogs, directories, administrative papers, and other materials documenting the history of UCO.
- Featuring microfilm, vertical files, and other formats containing a variety of materials, primarily concerning Oklahoma.