The University Archives is a repository for records of lasting value once they are no longer needed for current use. It exists as the institutional memory of UCO and provides the larger community with a broad historical focus on UCO's evolution and role in society.
The records generated by the schools, departments, and offices of the University are the most tangible evidence of UCO's history and activities. They provide scholars with essential documentation on how UCO has pursued its role as a leading institution of higher education in Oklahoma.
These historical records exist in many formats including handwritten, typewritten, and printed documents; photographic negatives, prints and slides, audio and video tapes, architectural plans and blueprints, oral history tapes and transcripts, University publications, scrapbooks, artifacts, and ephemera.
Listed below are examples of what is contained in this collection.
UNIVERSITY PUBLICATIONS INCLUDING:
- Masters' Theses
- Yearbooks (1908-2003) - Browser Towser & Bronze Book
- Campus Newspapers - Vista & Vistette
- Organizational Newsletters - Old North, Central Territory, etc.
- Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs
- Course Schedules
- Student and Faculty Directories
- Faculty and Employee Handbooks
UNIVERSITY ADMINISTRATIVE PAPERS INCLUDING:
- Faculty Senate Papers
- Minutes of the Board of Regents
- Annual Statistical Reports
- Working files of past Presidents & Vice Presidents
- Records of Student Organizations
MEMORABILIA AND EPHEMERA INCLUDING:
- University Banners and Flags
- Trophies and Award Plaques
- Attire and other items bearing University logos